Dive Board Update

There are still a couple of slots open for the Great White Shark dive this October off Guadalupe Island, Mexico. If interested contact Bob or Dennis.

Monday, May 23, 2011

Huge day at the Blue Hole

Another exciting weekend diving with a new set of divers at Santa Rosa, NM.  I recognize the obvious jealousy many of you must feel that I am so fortunate to have such diving close to me.  But rest assured, I would be most happy to dive with anyone who would like to visit Blue Hole.  As for its description, it may take the name from its general shape (60 or so feet in diameter) and 80 foot depth.  Alternatively, it may derive its name in some part from the year round temperature of 62 F.

In any case, it serves as a good place for new divers to learn, certify, and hone new skills such as buoyancy.  Since it is artesian fed (approximately 3000 gpm), the oxygen content is low resulting in a dearth of marine life.  Only killer crawdads lurk at the bottom, and a few gold fish swim about in the water column.  I suspect aliens introduced them to the Blue Hole eco system given Roswell's relative proximity.  Some divers have taken to leaving artifacts at the bottom such as as the statue of Venus on the half shell.  Others have taken to removing said artifacts to retain the pristine wonder of the silt and algae on the rocks.  Having described this, I must confess I found Palau a more interesting dive location and you may check out those photos.  I will work on posting some Blue Hole photos in a subsequent post.

No comments:

Post a Comment